Sydney (Dec 2015)- Final Post

On my 2nd day in Sydney, I didn’t do much as I was slightly tired from the previous day climbed and lacked of sleep. In addition, I didn’t want to tire my body as I had booked my tandem skydiving for wee hours Saturday morning so I wanted to have enough rest before the BIG DAY! I couldn’t remember what I did on Friday. I think I just walked around Darling Harbour, went to Chinatown, did some shopping and had a relaxing day. After getting back to the hotel, I had two glasses of wine at the hotel lobby. It was included in my room rate. Happy hours from 5-7pm, free flow of wine, champagne and beer plus finger food.

After 2 glasses of wine, I retired to my room to chill and relax. I went to sleep early as I had to wake up super early to get to the jump site. But unfortunately, it was a fitful sleep so I was feeling a bit tired when I woke up. I got ready, left the hotel and took Uber to the downtown office to check-in. Did all the necessary paperworks and waited for the bus to arrive to pick all of us to go to the site. But unfortunately, the weather wasn’t too good that day as it was too windy to jump safely hence it was cancelled and rescheduled.

I chose the next day (Sunday morning) to do my jump as I was leaving Sydney on monday morning so Sunday was my last chance and I prayed hard for a good weather. And thanked god, the weather was good and I managed to complete the skydiving ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿค—! (there was a separate post about my Tandem Skydiving experienced –ย

I also joined a Foodi group tour to sample some of the food in ย Surry Hills, Sydney on Saturday afternoon, but I wasn’t impressed by what it had to offer. Was tired after a few hours of walked. So had an early night again as I had to wake up early on Sunday. Below are the photos of some of the food I sampler and houses I walked passed during the tour. Apparently, the pricing for those houses aren’t cheap. Around AUD1Mil if my memory was right. I have lousy memories unless it is related to business or money issue.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

After my successful skydiving, I went back to the hotel to get some rest, woke up around late afternoon, went out to grab a bite at a nearby restaurant. It was a cool quiet Sunday afternoon. Since I didn’t feel like doing anything, I went back to the hotel after my late lunch in time to enjoy the happy hour. So that was what I did. And that was when my evening became a great night. Hahaha.

So what happened? Well, I met a cute looking and friendly single doctor from Canada. He was in Sydney for holiday. I sat by myself on the communal high stool wood table, playing games on my iPad and enjoying a glass of wine. He sat about 2 seats to my left and across from me. When I looked up from my iPad, he asked me a question and that was how our 6 hours marathon conversation started ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚! Yup, we talked for 6 hours!!! Crazy, but was really fun and enjoyable. I was being myself entirely and without a single make up. And I didn’t care. I wasn’t trying to impress him and he didn’t seem to mind.

We talked about everything and anything. No topics were off limit. We asked each other some tough personal questions. Conversation topics flowed easily from one to the other. His name is Greg and he is the same age as me, lived and worked in Canada. Originally was from Romania. Only son. Both parents were doctors, but his dad passed away a few years ago and only his mum is around now. He is also an Associate Professor in Psychiatry. That piqued my interests because I want to go back to school to study Psychology.

As I said, our conversation flows easily, enjoyable and filled with laughter. He had dinner in the hotel and asked if I wanted anything and I said no as I had a late lunch. He asked if I wanted to go for a walk after dinner and I said yes. But I told him to give me 10mins as I needed to take my cleaned clothes up to my room as I put it in the machine to wash and dry. He laughed and said ok.

So I grabbed my clothes from the laundry room, when up to my room, grabbed some cash and came back down to join him. On the way out, I grabbed 2 lollipops from the candy bowl and offered 1 to him ๐Ÿ˜›! It had been a long long time since I sucked on a lollipop. It was the same for him too. He asked me where I wanted to go. I said let’s head to Darling Harbour as the view and weather were lovely that night.

Greg asked me about my love life and I told him it about Peter Wittendorp and the issues we had. It actually felt good to be able to tell a stranger about my life so openly. I felt very comfortable with Greg. I actually kinda felt safe with him. I was very sure he wasn’t a serial killer ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚!

We found a nice spot, which was on the step looking out to the harbour. I was checking my phone when Greg caught a glimpse of my cover photo and he asked to take a look, which I allowed him to. He asked if it was me and I said yes. He said I looked gorgeous, sexy and younger than my age ๐Ÿ˜˜! I asked him about his last relationship and he told me that it lasted 3 years. She moved to another city in Canada to pursue her acting career. I asked him why he didn’t ask her to stay. He said he didn’t feel he wanted to do so.

As the night progress, it got a bit chilly so we went to grab a cup of hot chocolate. We sat there until it was closing time. He still wanted to grab a drink, so we ended going to a bar in the casino located very near to Darling Harbour. Greg didn’t want the night to end. We just had 1 drink as I was getting tired.

We walked back to the hotel and as we took the lift up to our own separate room, we bad goodnite. He asked for my email address and I gave it to him. He actually said to me that he wanted to see more of my photos ๐Ÿ˜›. I told him he can come to visit me in KL if he wants to see more of my photos. Hahaha.

Not sure if he will make it to KL. If he does and look me up, I will definitely hangout with him. If not, is also fine. And yes, he did emailed me after about 1 week since I got back from Sydney. We keep in touch occasionally. The last I heard from him was 2 months ago I think. Anyway, he lives too far away for anything interesting to happen. Oh well, if we are meant to cross path we will.

If not, he had given me a sweet memory albeit a short one. Overall my Sydney trip was a great one. Would definitely go back to Sydney for another visit as the men there are cute and friendly. Haha.







Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s